Choosing the scope of resource and energy efficiency we took into account its urgent character on a global scale and for each person in particular, as well as the University significant progress and potential in the field of resource-efficient technologies.
International Resource Efficiency Forum of Tomsk Polytechnic University will cover the following themes:
Nuclear Power Engineering =/ vs «Green» Power Engineerin
- Nuclear Non-Proliferation;
- Fusion Power Engineering as Sustainable Energy Future;
- Alternative: Hydrogen or Thorium;
- Renewable Energy Sources.
Oil, Gas and Coal: Seek an Alternative or Improve Efficiency?
- Nonconventional Oil Reserves – Prospects and Development Experience;
- Light Tight Oil Resources and Reserves– Forecasting and Assessment;
- Exploration and Development – Search for Effective Solutions;
- Hard to Recover Reserves Development: Modern Technologies of Intensification and Enhanced Oil Recovery;
- Ecological Problems Solving and Risk Mitigation in Fields Development.
The Arctic Region: New Resources as New Opportunities and Geoecological Challenges
- Arctic Oil and Hydrates;
- The Arctic Region as One of the Most Vulnerable Part of the World Under the Conditions of Global Warming;
- Arctic Seas: Ecological and Climatic Threats.
Space as a Source of New Resources
- Materials for Extreme Conditions;
- Robot Spacecrafts.
Human Resources: Countless Number of People or Global Ageing
- Elderly People’s Wellbeing as a Response to Global Ageing;
- Medicalization of the Society;
- New Urbanism: Smart Growth of Towns and Cities.